2025 Ski Trip to Flachau, Austria - Information for Parents/Carers
Spring Half Term 14th – 23rd February 2025
(Liskeard School Finance Office: 01579 325712)
For many years, Liskeard School and Community College have offered the opportunity for students to experience the thrills and delights of a skiing trip. However, due to the complications of Covid-19 and other commitments, this experience has not been forthcoming. We, as a school, recognise the financial struggles due to the current economic situation. However, we want to offer every opportunity to students that we can. It is therefore with great excitement that the school is able to offer this opportunity once again for the spring half-term holiday 2025.
Please note, this trip is now full. The below is intended for information purposes only.
- Please take note that whilst skiing is a fantastic sport, it requires a certain level of fitness. The sport itself is very demanding on the muscular-skeletal system and cardio-respiratory system. Pupils are expected to ski every day and they will get tired. We would ask that you take this into consideration when applying for a place on the trip.
- It is also important that pupils understand that they cannot simply choose not to ski for a session and stay in the hotel. It is extremely difficult for pupils to ‘catch up’ if they miss lessons.
- We also reserve the right to only take pupils whose behaviour in school is consistently excellent. There are too many risks to taking any pupil who will not listen to members of staff. We will undertake a risk assessment to ensure that students who attend the trip are able to follow instructions. A rigorous process of selection will take place before places are allocated. This will be guided by Classcharts reports and general staff views. Consultation will also take place with the respective Heads of Year.
Our upcoming skiing trip (spring half-term 2025) will be to the ski resort of Flachau, Austria, which accesses the Salzburger Sportwelt-Amade ski area. Our host company describes it as follows:
The Snow Space Salzburg ski area in Flachau, Wagrain and St. Johann, together with the Flachauwinkl/Zauchensee ski connection, is one of the five largest ski regions in Austria and is one of the most diverse winter sports destinations in the Alps with its varied range of slopes, including two World Cup runs, modern ski lift facilities and internationally known freestyle and freeride spots. Due to the especially high altitude and the extremely efficient snow-making facilities, snow-sure conditions are guaranteed.
Facilities in the area include:
- Shops/cafés/bars (Grocery store 50m from accomodation)
- Disco (in Radstadt)
- Hospital in Schladming
The Ski Area:
- Kilometres of piste: 248km
- Ski height range: 850m - 2188m
- Number of ski lifts: 97 (18 gondola, 36 chair)
- Ski runs: 70km blue, 118km red, 9km black
- Snow making coverage: Approximately 90%
- Closest glacier: Dachstein (30km)
The JGH Stadler guesthouse (hosted by the Stadler family) is located 500 metres (3-minute walk) from the SpaceJet1 Ski Lift which offers fantastic access into the ski area.
- Double and multi-bedded rooms (6 capacity) with bathroom (shower/wc)
- Bed linen included
- Storage space
- Partly with Balconies
Hotel General Facilities:
- Separate dining rooms for school groups
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- Sat-TV in public areas
- Ski storage
- Heated drying room
- Barbecue terrace/area
- Large sports hall
- Sports and fun courts with tennis and trampolining
- Games rooms with table tennis, table football and games.
- Breakfast buffet
- Packed lunch
- 3-course dinner with salad buffet
Three meals a day are provided, from evening meal on the day of arrival to evening meal on departure.
Our 6-day ski course will include 5 hours per day instruction with English-speaking instructors from the official local ski school. Lift passes and hire of equipment (including helmets) is included in our arrangement.
We will be travelling by luxury coach with experienced professional drivers. The coach stays with us throughout the tour and is available for our use other than the day of arrival and day of departure to conform to driving regulations.
Fully comprehensive insurance (without any excesses):
24 hour medical assistance
Ski loss or breakage insurance
Personal money and loss of travel documents
Full cover in case of parental redundancy
Third party liability covers for party leader
What’s included in the price?
- Return travel by luxury coach
- 6 nights dinner, bed and breakfast
- 6 x packed lunches on the mountain
- 6 days skis, boots, poles and helmet hire
- 6 days lift pass
- 6 days ski course including 5 hrs per day instruction
- Ski trip hoody
- Fully comprehensive travel insurance
- Services of a SKI4 team representative
The evening activities are extra but will be optional. We will know the costs nearer the time of departure.
Deposits and payments:
The ski trip for spring half-term 2025 is now fully booked. Those of you who have signed up, payment details are as follows:
- Pay 1st deposit of £100 by 13/12/2023
- Pay 2nd deposit of £100 by 08/01/2024
- Pay 3rd deposit of £100 by 05/02/2024
- The balance to be paid by 25/11/2024 (We would recommend that the remainder is paid in instalments throughout the year rather than leaving it until the last minute!)
Please note that the 1st, 2nd and 3rd deposits are non-refundable. Please make payments via ParentPay.
Terms and conditions:
- By signing up for the trip and paying the deposits, you are then liable for the full balance, even if your child withdraws from the trip.
- If your child withdraws from the trip and a replacement is found, you will receive a refund for payments made minus any administration costs charged by Ski TEAM4.
- Due to the nature of the trip and the conditions outlined by Ski TEAM4 we are unable to accept late payments. Payments must be made as per the payment schedule.
- Please note we reserve the right to make changes to the itinerary of this trip.
Please contact the finance office with any questions regarding the financial arrangements for this trip.