A Guide to School Uniform: What You Can Wear and Cannot Wear
School uniform is required of all students in Years 7 to 11. We have a simple, smart, practical uniform.
Students are expected to take pride in their appearance and to represent themselves and the school well in public. Hair must be styled so that it does not interfere with work. If hair is dyed it must be of one natural hair colour with no shaved sections. Extreme hairstyle fashions are not allowed. Make up and jewellery are not allowed except for one pair of small stud earrings, worn one stud in each ear lobe. Other facial or body piercing is not allowed. Extremes of fashion must be avoided. We try to make sure that school dress does not become a distraction so that we can all concentrate on learning and teaching. Where pupils do not adhere to the dress code, they will be asked to amend their dress and may be sent home to do so. Sixth form students are not required to wear uniform, but they should dress in a sensible manner appropriate to effective study and to life in a school where other students are wearing uniform.
Generic uniform items such as trousers, skirts, shirts, and blazers may be purchased from your local high street stockists. Items displaying the Liskeard School logo such as ties and PE kit must be ordered from one of our suppliers detailed below.
- GLYNN VALLEY - www.glynnvalley.com
- GILBERTS OUTFITTERS - www.gilbertsoutfitters.co.uk
- Find them on Facebook:
All items are available secondhand, please contact the school for more information.
Students from years 7 to 11
- Pale blue school shirt (long or short sleeved)
- Black blazer with black buttons
- Black V-neck jumper to be worn under the blazer in winter (optional)
- School tie with school logo: red for Years 7-10; blue for Year 11
- Black skirt (knee-length) or black school trousers (full length) not made of skin-tight or clingy material
- Black socks or black tights
- Flat, black leather shoes (no trainers, no boots and no pumps)
- An outdoor coat to be worn over the blazer (not a hoody)
No piercings are allowed except for one gold or silver stud in each ear lobe. These must be removed for PE lessons due to health and safety.
PE kit (all with school logo)
- LSCC PE top and/or rugby top
- LSCC PE shorts
- LSCC PE socks
- Football boots
- Shin pads
Absolutely no jewellery is to be worn during PE lessons (which includes all percings regardless of when fitted), this is for health and safety reasons.
LSCC Base layer
LSCC Winter PE top
- Please ensure that all clothing is named. Initials should be embroidered onto PE shirts and shorts. Iron-on tags soon become loose (please sew them on). Names marked in biro do not work.
- Hoodies are not allowed. Coats with inappropriate logos are not allowed.
- Extremes of fashion are not allowed (including backless sandals, platform or stiletto heels, boots or trainers, bright hairbands and belts).
- Baseball caps are not allowed. Cricket style hats are allowed on very sunny days.
- For any enquiries on an individual basis, please refer to the Head of Year.
Every day students must bring to school:
- A Writing Pen
- Purple ‘DIT’ pen
- CASIO FX-83GTX or CASIO FX-85GTX calculator (it is important your child has this exact calculator for their Maths and Science lessons as not all calculators work the same way)
- Earphones (for use in language, IT and Computing lessons)
- Green and Yellow Highlighters
- Glue Stick
All of the above school stationery items and kits are available via ParentPay; items include calculators, exam pencil case, highlighters, water bottles and purple dit pens.
The school also has a large selection of revision guides available via ParentPay, for a variety of subjects. Ideal for students in years 10 and 11.