Safety & Wellbeing (Safeguarding)
Liskeard School and Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- Protecting children and young people from maltreatment
- Preventing the impairment of their health or development
- Ensuring that they are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Enabling them to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully
The school has a Whole School Safeguarding Policy, and associated procedures in place to ensure that Safeguarding / Child Protection issues are dealt with efficiently and appropriately.
All staff, including our support staff, visitors, and volunteers are made aware of our procedures, and parents/carers are welcome to read the Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy which is available via the Trust Policies page.
We are committed to keeping children and young people safe against radicalisation and extremism, further information on this can be found on the PSHE page.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will always ensure that our concerns about our students are discussed with their parents/carers first, unless there is reason to believe that this is not in the student’s best interests.
If you have a concern about a child, particularly if you think s/he may be suffering or at risk of suffering harm, it is your responsibility to share the information promptly with:
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL):
- Mr W Birkbeck, 01579 342344 ext 187, email@example.com
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL):
- Mrs R Soady, 01579 342344 ext 127, firstname.lastname@example.org
Designated Safeguarding Officers:
Mr R Quaintance, 01579 342344 ext 101, email@example.com
Ms C Holroyd, 01579 342344 ext 131, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs D Rodber, 01579 342344 ext. 165, email@example.com
Mrs K Lewis-Tuxford, 01579 342344 ext. 124, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs C Chapple, 01579 342344 ext. 101, email@example.com
Designated Safeguarding Governor
- Dr D James-Robbins, DJamesRobbins@liskeard.net